More William Pictures


I only had a few pictures on my camera, Sara has most of them on hers and there are a TON, so I put together the small amount of mine in a slideshow. It's about 7:30am on Wednesday and we are doing SO much better!! Joe and I have both gotten a fairly good amount of sleep, he's sleeping now as I play on the computer, you guys didn't actually expect me to stay away the whole time did you?? William is in the hospital nursery. After he was born last night it seemed like EVERYTHING took forever. We got to hang out with him for about an hour in the room afterwards and everyone got to hold him and kiss on him. About 9pm they took him to get washed and weighed (which is why updates took so long) and they did a LOT of bloodwork. I was still in recovery and didn't even get to my room until after 10pm (and FINALLY got to eat). They are treating William for GBS, which is the bacteria that made Ella so sick. I was given antibiotics the ENTIRE time I was here yesterday (every 4 hours) but they are being super cautious with Will. They are giving him the same meds that Ella had in the NICU and they are running a full blood culture on him. We will get some results by about 9 or 10 tonight, but they will continue with the antibiotics till the 48 hour culture is back (and clear). He has had a little bit of grunting, which is a cautious sign, but after I fed him last night (early this morning) he has seemed to be better. We finally got him in our room about 2AM, he had his first feeding and is taking to it very well. After eating at 2 they said he went back to the nursery and slept until they brought him back here around 5am and we fed again...he did great. He's a good sleeper and doesn't fuss much at all, but hates being uncovered from the blanket. He has a FULL head of dark hair and looks a LOT like Ella did when she was born. We would love your prayers that he continues to stay healthy and that the blood culture is 100% clear.

We are still trying to figure out how to manage visitation, so please be patient if we can't have everyone up. We'll find out today if we are going home Thursday or Friday, so we may be able to space people out a little better.

Ella hasn't met William yet, but we are hoping to have the whole family together at some point today. I got to see her for about 15 mins yesterday and it's SO hard being away from her, but she's being taken care of very well by Joe's folks.

More soon, I'm sure!!