Updates

I guess it's been a while since I've actually written anything on the blog. Before we left we had a lot going on.

We had discussed doing the Nissen Fundo surgery to help with Ella's reflux, but are currently deciding against the procedure. Ella had a 3rd swallow study so that she can begin VitalStim at Our Children's House (OCH) at Baylor Downtown. They are EXTREMELY backed up in their schedule, but we are on the waiting list. If you know of anywhere in Dallas or North Dallas that does VitalStim let me know, I might be willing to travel if we can get in!! The VitalStim is Ella's feeding therapy, it's one of the reasons that we are postponing the surgery right now. Since the Swallow Study Ella has been cleared to eat 2 oz of baby food (thickened to pudding consistency) just to get her back in the swing of things. We are scheduled to start Speech Therapy THIS Thursday at 9am...it will be at OCH.

We also had a consultation with a second pediatric opthomologist, Dr. Stager, and he suggested the corrective eye surgery for Ella's "lazy" eye. Right now we are dilating her left eye (the "good" one) instead of the patch...which she easily removes and places directly in her mouth. We are going to postpone the surgery until we feel that it's necessary, and right now we just don't feel that it's crucial.

Ella is making GREAT progress!! She is holding her head up better and loving facing forward in her car seat. Joe has claimed that she will be crawling by my birthday (July 6th...in case it isn't already on your calendar!) and so we worked with the Physical Therapist today to get exercises to get her there.

As always ask questions so I know if I've left anything out!! Joe wants me to mention that she gets cuter every day...I think he likes her, A LOT!!